GFC Fasteners aims to fill the void where other hardware suppliers fall short putting the needs of clients at the forefront of their business framework.
A prime example of this is when GFC saved one construction company with 150 staff $50,000 in less than 12 months from their industry leading same-day delivery service. Before using GFC, Site Managers would leave the site to collect supplies from a “Big Box” store. The construction company logged over 500 trips across six different projects. Given the average trip time in Auckland is 1.5 hours return (conservative) costing $65 per hour, this is many hours of unnecessary work that GFC has taken care of for free. This cost doesn’t include loss of productivity while the Site Manager is away from the site, inefficiencies and errors from workers working unsupervised.
When they spoke, the current issues the company had where inaccurate invoice prices from some suppliers – resulting in many hours of extra admin, lack of concrete and timber screw technology on offer and no consolidated supplier for fasteners and specialist construction products.
GFC tailored a plan to suit individual site needs for this company. Some services already existed, and some GFC created to suit the needs of this particular client.
Some key benefits include:
- Free plan take-offs and containers (if needed), order accuracy, timeliness, prepacked and staged orders for residential & commercial projects and free delivery (GFC has seven delivery vehicles Auckland wide).
- Set pricing loaded against your account, no branch by branch variations ensures no site variations and that credits and stock returns will are easily managed.
- New product & system initiatives (special projects research, supplier support and on-site advice and product/system training – improved speed and efficiencies with new technology products).
- Items are prepacked for delivery (down to the exact number of each item).
- Large or small deliveries are fast, free and regular.
- Account Manager controls the job, ensuring purchase order numbers will are gained, and no unauthorised people are allowed to purchase stock.
Whether it’s time to make the transition from doing it all your self or just being able to trust in a company who can handle it for you, head to GFC. They have an offering of 12,000 products nationwide and are 100% family-owned. They’ve served the construction industry for over 25 years, earning their reputation as New Zealand’s most trusted seller of fasteners and construction products.
Feedback from this project was:
“Their solutions-driven approach is what makes us want to work with them and why they’ll be our supplier for years to come. They’re always on time for deliveries and have really proven to us they’re one step ahead of the rest when it comes to everything we need to deliver a project on time and to a top-quality standard”.
For further assistance, or to set up a meeting to become a trade member, please contact one of the team on 09 579 0722 or head to our website for more information about our services.